Sunday, February 15, 2009

Count down to Baby--8 weeks

I have been very fortunate to have had such a wonderful pregnancy. Hopefully the last 8 weeks will go by just as smoothly. Being pregnant through the winter months in Montana has not been the easiest, especially the last few weeks. I LOVE winter and playing in the snow! Throughout the fall and early part of winter I spent a lot of time hiking the local trails with Cooper. This was a great way for me to exercise and breathe in the fresh Montana air. Around mid-January a cold spell hit Montana and the once snowy trails turned to ice. This put my hiking to rest, except for one Sunday, when Jimmy held my hand for most of the hike up Pattee Canyon!! February has been much milder and today was a sunny day just calling for me to go for a walk in the forest. Thankfully Jimmy agreed to come with me, even though I know he was hoping to go skiing. We found a perfect trail that still had some snow, wasn't icy, and was relatively flat. Being out in the forest, listening to the babbling creek, and feeling the cool morning air was just the thing I needed.
The past month has brought many joys-a larger belly, more prominent kicking and yesterday hiccups! Feeling the baby move around is such an incredible sensation. Watching the baby move around is entertainment in itself! Wondering if it will be a boy or a girl. Waiting for that day we hear you cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment